For the mousse:
- 2 small to medium sized ripe avocados
- 1 cup REBBL chocolate hazelnut protein
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup natural sweetener of choice (I used maple syrup)
- 1/3 cup aquafaba (the liquid from a chickpea can)
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries
- 2.5 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- Beat the aquafaba, preferably using an electric mixer, for at least 5 minutes until you get a foam-like consistency and set aside.
- In a (preferably high speed) blender, blend all the mousse ingredients except the aquafaba until smooth.
- Next, gently mix the aquafaba into the mousse using a spatula until it’s well integrated.
- Add the chopped hazelnuts and chocolate by either mixing it into the mousse or by using it as a topping (I did both!) and garnish with the raspberries.
- Enjoy right away!
1. if you want to keep it simple, you can omit the aquafaba and/or the chia seeds. Just make sure you taste test and add either a little more Chocolate Hazelnut Protein or maple syrup.