Anyone who knows me well will tell you that chocolate, especially chocolate milk, is one of my life-long passions (or, obsessions, if you will). I remember going home from school as a kid and stopping at the grocery store to get some fresh chocolate milk at least once a week. Back then, I had no idea that dairy was not the healthiest, nor the most ethical choice. All I cared about was that it tasted good. Today, great taste is still a non-negotiable for me, but I make sure that the products I buy and consume are sustainable and ethical.
For today’s recipe, I teamed up with REBBL, a company that I’m particularly excited to be working with because their coconut-based elixirs are extremely delicious (seriously, I can’t get enough!) and made with the highest quality organic and ethically sourced ingredients. In addition, 2.5% of all revenue goes directly to the non-profit NOT FOR SALE, which fights human trafficking worldwide. REBBL was actually born out of a collaboration seeking to find innovative ways to prevent exploitation in the Peruvian Amazon. How cool is that?
A rich chocolate mousse full of flavor and healthy fats that’s completely dairy- and refined sugar free.
- 1/3 cup raw cashews (soaked for at least 2 hours)
- 1 small ripe avocado, pitted
- 3 frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 bottle of REBBL’s reishi chocolate super herb elixir (double the amount to turn this into a vegan milk shake)
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (I used alcohol-free vanilla flavoring)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or 2 pitted medjool dates)
- Serve with:
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 handful of fresh mint leaves
- In a high speed blender, mix all ingredients (except for the mint and strawberries) until you get a thick, smooth mousse. Feel free to add a few mint leaves to the blender for a more intense flavor. I personally prefer adding the mint at the end, but to each their own! Tip: if you want to add a mocha/coffee touch to your mousse, you can use a mix of REBBL’s reishi chocolate and their mocha or cold brew elixirs.
- Place the strawberries in parfait glasses or small jars and add the mousse. Depending on the size of your glasses/jars and how many strawberries you decide to use, you’ll have enough mousse for 4-5 people. You could also make smaller portions and serve them as appetizers. Turning them into one giant shake and enjoying it all by yourself is obviously also an option!
- Garnish with the mint leaves and enjoy! Try to prepare the mousse right before you consume it, but if necessary, you can make it the same day and keep it in the fridge or freezer for a few hours.
- Dig in and enjoy!
An additional note about REBBL: Almost all of their products are vegan, with the exception of their Matcha Latte and Golden Turmeric Milk elixirs, which are made with ethically sourced honey.
Click here to find out where you can buy REBBL. I love all four of these, but my personal favorites are the maca cold-brew and the reishi chocolate!
Disclaimer: this post is sponsored by REBBL. All opinions and statements are my own. I only recommend products that I actually use and personally believe in.